Friday, November 2, 2012

She's Baaaack! Day One Thankful Challenge

When it comes to blogging, I am clearly an epic failure. I feel like I need to confess, for it has been nearly two months since I posted on this pitiful blog. We've been covered in sickness, homework, and looming crankiness. But, alas, I am back. Not with a vengeance, so don't expect some gun-yielding Tom Cruise movie plot to follow. I am just back.

So, I keep reading Facebook posts and hearing friends chat about the 30 Day Thankful Challenge. I thought this was a good way for me to get back into the blog game. Here goes.

Day One:

I am thankful for US Weekly Magazine.

ww.usmagazine.com




Yes, I know it shows I am shallow, but I just don't care. I love seeing Jennifer Aniston's big-as-my-butt, yet totally fabulous, engagement ring up close. I adore seeing pictures of sweet Jen Garner sans makeup, in mom jeans and running shoes, and lugging a toddler through the grocery store. I find every Housewife tale a hilarious train wreck (the kind you can't turn away from) and every break-up a real tragedy.




I study the clothes, handbags, and shoes - judging each and every color, inch, and texture - and make a note to read the books "the stars are reading." It's downright sick and feeding on some horrid media frenzy, but, again, gentle readers, I don't care. Because, for the US Weekly, I am thankful.

Please make note: These shall be in no particular order. Clearly some sleazy rag isn't number one on my true Thankful List. Sadly, it's up there at the top though.


No comments:

Post a Comment